discover greebid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preliminary Reflection to Yunnan Drought of 2010

Go down

Preliminary Reflection to Yunnan Drought of 2010 Empty Preliminary Reflection to Yunnan Drought of 2010

Post  Green Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Non-stopping Reports about Yunnan Drought of 2010
Millions of people face drinking water shortages in southwestern China because of a once-a-century drought that has dried up rivers and threatens vast farmlands, state media reported Wednesday.
The drought has gripped huge areas of Guizhou, Yunnan, and Sichuan provinces, the Guangxi region, and the mega-city of Chongqing for months, with rainfall 60 percent below normal since September, the Global Times said.
Guizhou province has been particularly hard-hit, with 86 out of its 88 cities within the drought zone and more than 17 million people short of drinking water, the report said.
Millions of people also were said to be short of water in other provinces, according to various reports.
The Global Times said some rivers had dried up in parts of Guizhou and that local villagers in some areas were lining up to obtain emergency water supplies distributed by the government.
China is prone to extreme weather, and severe droughts are a regular occurrence throughout the country. However, the current water shortages reported in the southwest have been particularly acute.

The following three parts are leading report titles about Yunnnan Drought of 2010
Reports list: Yunnan drought story of 2010
1/Drought turns southern China into arid plain
2/Drought threatens power in Yunnan-Shanghai Daily
3/Southern China suffers worst drought in memory - Telegraph
4/Severe Drought Continues for China's Yunnan Province-StarTribune.com
5/China: Drought Changes Yunnan's Songkran Water Festival - Yahoo! News
6/Special Coverage:Severe drought hits SW China - SINA English
7/Yunnan's drought leads to cut flower price increase ...
8/Drought in China: 'We can only wait for the rain'
9/Yunnan Drought Photos: Fish Trapped In Dried Lake Bed | chinaSMACK
10/Yunnan Drought Photos: Fish Trapped In Dried Lake Bed | chinaSMACK

Fight against Yunnan drought of 2010
1/Jet Li helps fight against drought in Yunnan - Kunming
2/Celebrities came to Kunming for help to fight against drought
3 /Associations for science and technology in Yunnan act to fight drought
4/Residents in SW China fighting against drought - China News
5/$18M emergency loans for drought-hit Yunnan
6/PLA Soldiers Aid Villagers in Drought-hit Yunnan -- Beijing Review
7/Troops fight against drought in southwest China – Silobreaker
Get to know Why do we need OBD-II
For several months, I have been felt deeply sad to drought-hit people. and the reports about any natural disaster and environmental protection subject will attract my attention, two days ago, my friend Peter share me an article entitled “OBD-II Background”, only that time I know “What is OBD-II?” and ” Where'd it come from?”. This article says:
To combat its smog problem in the LA basin, the State of California started requiring emission control systems on 1966 model cars. The federal government extended these controls nationwide in 1968.
Congress passed the Clean Air Act in 1970 and established the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This started a series of graduated emission standards and requirements for maintenance of vehicles for extended periods of time. To meet these standards, manufacturers turned to electronically controlled fuel feed and ignition systems. Sensors measured engine performance and adjusted the systems to provide minimum pollution. These sensors were also accessed to provide early diagnostic assistance.

OBD-II provides a universal inspection and diagnosis method to be sure the car is performing to OEM standards.

Came Across An Article“ Yunnan Drought Uncover”
After knowing OBD-II background, two days ago, I came across another entitled “ Yunnan Drought Uncover”, it tells an truth that Yunnan Drought of 2010 can not be simply explained by “Global Warming”, it pinpoints another truth large-scale forest cut, and APP corporation is referred, in order to feed a great deal need to papermaking, so that we are accessible to higher and higher quality paper products, and the APP corporation make higher and higher profit data. rolls of top-quality trees is cut down, leaving little for us to breath oxygen, at the same time, the pace of growing new trees is delayed.

Personal speaking, these days I keep asking myself what is happening to our world? Why it makes the amazing Yunnan an arid plain? Why millions of people living in the countryside do not access to the water? How they live without water? How tough the local people’s present living days? The following parts are what I clip from internet reports of some Medias.

Does it need to set higher and higher standards to purify natural environment? Yeah, there is a need to reduce vehicle emitted pollution levels in our cities, we need OBD-II, we even need OBD-III with higher standards. The earth need normal rainfall and we demands more oxygen with green trees. Why we now do not have some reflection about our deeds to the earth?

Green
Admin

https://findme.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down